The Westin Catering Team, led by Diana Nemeth, proposed that ownership enhance the existing pool area to capture additional catering revenue. Despite having a wonderful transient amenity that was well received by guests since 2016, Diana envisioned an expansion to the existing pool deck that would create a venue where the Hotel could capture small wedding and local catering events. Diana worked to lobby ownership and assist with pool deck design in order to create a one of kind venue in The Woodlands market.
Re-imagine the pool deck and Rooftop Terrace after several years of stagnant bookings with minimal success in generating outside event catering revenue. Catering revenues remained consistent at 794K in 2018 and 2019.
Diana envisioned the addition of an area where small weddings could occur and in conjunction with the renovation efforts of Como Social Club Lounge, the space could also be sold as exclusive, unique event space for groups. Diana envisioned the addition of artificial turf for color and enhanced lighting and greenery to attract future business.
- Despite the devastating unforeseen events created from the Covid-19 Pandemic, and subsequent forced closure of The Westin from March through July 2020, the event space was able to generate a renewed interest in booking future weddings held on site
- Additionally, the Rooftop was able to host numerous events with extremely high guest satisfaction feedback following each event
- These events included wedding related occasions and social events for revenue of $105k in 2020
- The most impressive feat was Diana’s knowledge of the market and pricing. Anticipating the decline due to Covid, she leveraged the new Rooftop Terrace as a wedding venue, during site visits and The Bridal Extravaganza, to steal limited market share, and maintain wedding revenues YOY
- Expectations for future years, project the pool deck/rooftop terrace expansion to have an ROI of less than three years from substantial completion date